NEULAND Innovation Day presents: Technologies at KIT
With Innovation Day, KIT brings together various interest groups and promotes the exchange between science, business and society. This year's Innovation Day offers a colorful program of digital lectures as well as live streamed program items from the Audimax at KIT's South Campus. For participants interested in technology, stream 1 offers an exciting mix of topics around technology: from innovative future and hydrogen research to chemical recycling and electrically powered wheels.
In addition to concrete technical solutions, the presentations of the technology stream will revolve around perspectives and challenges of the future. From 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., you can choose from varied lecture topics in the livestream and ask questions to the speakers afterwards.
Sustainable innovation in discussion
Following you will find an overview of all offered lectures in our technology stream:
- "Sustainable innovation, innovative sustainability: With new ideas into a good future" | Prof. Dr. Marion A. Weissenberger-Eibl, Chair of Innovation and Technology Management (iTM, KIT).
- "Hydrogen - but safe!" | Prof. Dr. Thomas Jordan, Institute for Thermal Energy Technology and Safety (ITES, KIT)
- "Power-to-X - Key Technology for the Energy Transition" | Prof. Dr. Roland Dittmeyer, Institute for Micro Process Engineering (IMVT, KIT)
- Shared presentation on "Chemical Recycling of Plastic Waste - Research and Development Activities for a Climate-Neutral Circular Economy" | Prof. Dr. Dieter Stapf, Institute for Technical Chemistry (ITC, KIT) and Dr. Marco Tomasi Morgano, ARCUS Greencycling Technologies GmbH
- Shared presentation on "The pedelec on the test bench - from e-drive to digital twin" | Prof. Dr. Martin Doppelbauer, Electrotechnical Institute (ETI, KIT) and Michael Schmitt, Electrotechnical Institute (ETI, KIT)
Highlights from the industry in the afternoon
Another highlight will be the two keynote presentations from industry representatives in the afternoon, which will provide an up-to-date insight into the topics of sustainable innovation and quantum technology:
- "Sustainability drives Innovation, Innovation drives Sustainability" | Dr. Detlef Kratz, President Group Research at BASF SE.
- "Open Innovation - Quantum computing needs an open environment" | Gregor Pillen, General Manager DACH & Chairman of the Executive Board at IBM Deutschland GmbH.
You can find the entire day's program here, and more detailed information on the individual program items in our current program guide.
Celebrate 10 years of Innovation Competition with us
In the afternoon, we will also unveil live the winners of the NEULAND Innovation Competition in the Ideas Award and Transfer Award categories. To mark the 10th anniversary of the competition, a special prize will also be awarded this year to a winning team from the last ten years. Are you curious to see which ideas were convincing? Then tune in and celebrate the award winners together with us!
The entire event takes place digitally and is free of charge for you. Register now and explore the innovation landscape at KIT on July 06!
comments about this article