Explore technologies virtually at KIT Innovation Day
With the Innovation Day, KIT brings together various interest groups and promotes the exchange between science, business, and society. This year's digital innovation day offers a colorful program with digital content and interactive program parts with different focuses. For participants interested in technology, stream 1 offers an exciting mix of topics around technology: from resilience and sustainability to quantum computing, mobility, and Industry 4.0.
Future prospects in dialog
In addition to concrete technical solutions, the presentations in the technology stream will revolve around perspectives and challenges in the innovation process. From 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., you can choose from varied lecture topics in the livestream:
- With innovation for more resilience - requirements, ambivalences and perspectives| Prof. Dr. Armin Grunwald [KIT, Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis].
- Shared talk on quantum computing from science to application| Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wernsdorfer [Institute of Physics, KIT] and Dr. Michael Marthaler [CEO, HQS Quantum Simulations GmbH].
- Learning from crises: our way to sustainability | Prof. Dr. Johannes Orphal (Head of Division IV, KIT)
- Combined lecture on mobility and production | Dr.-Ing. Sandra Kauffmann-Weiß (Managing Director InnovationsCampus Mobility of the Future, KIT), Prof. Nejila Parspour (IEW, Uni Stuttgart) and Prof. Gisela Lanza (WBK, KIT)
In addition to the lectures, there will be many opportunities for networking, for example in the virtual exhibition or in the networking lounge. With the matching function you can exchange ideas with the speakers, other guests as well as the exhibitors.
In the virtual technology exhibition, you can inform yourself about selected technical solutions and ongoing projects and network with the inventors. The following topics will be presented in detail by KIT exhibitors:
- Power electronics for the energy turnaround
- SERPENS - 3D microwave printer for continuous fiber reinforced polymers
- Innovation Campus "Mobility of the Future
- Bionic Surfaces
- DialogProTec - New ways in plant protection
You will also find further technology offers on the digital technology wall RESEARCH TO BUSINESS. Here we have compiled a selection of technologies from the areas of Energy - Information - Climate, Environment and Health - Materials - Mobility and Production.
Clear the stage
The highlights of the Innovation Day include the two keynotes of our sponsors in the Top Stream. At the Midday Speech at 11:15 a.m., Dr. Robert Bauer (Chairman of the Executive Board, SICK AG) will introduce you to "Sensor Intelligence: Drivers of Digital Transformation". In the Afternoon Speech by Dr. Thomas Schneider (Managing Director Development, TRUMPF Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH + Co. KG) at 4:45 p.m., he will report on "Local thinking - global performance: How tomorrow's products emerge from cooperation".
Following the Afternoon Speech, we will unveil live the winners of the NEULAND innovation contest in the categories Idea Award and Transfer Award. Are you curious which ideas were able to convince at this year's competition? Then tune in and celebrate this year's winners with us!
Be part of it?
Visitors to the all-day online event can look around interactively and put together their own individual program. Our program guide provides an overview of the complete program. The entire event takes place digitally and is free of charge for you. Register now and explore the innovation landscape at KIT on June 30! If you want to be informed about next year's Innovation Day in time, you can register for the invitation list.